Thursday, September 6, 2007

Cue lightbulb

So today I got alittle closer as to what I want to do in my capstone. Besides having books again thrown at me (If I wasn't used to it by now, that's kinda retarded), I kinda figure I'd like to do something with the modern interpretations of Norse mythology. Now if that'll include just the gods or the trolls and other stuff or what, I don't know. But it seems like an adventure and that's what I'm looking for--after all, I may or may not go back to school after this (loans, GPA explosion, custody of my brother, blah) so it's gotta be something that I want to do so bad I'm going to frame it when I'm done next to my diplomas and the signed pictures of Leonard Nimoy and Dan Marino.

Luckily, I don't have to decide until October-ish but it's nice to be going in the general/right direction or atleast *have* a direction. I'm alittle petrified of falling behind but I can't *not* fail so I'll postpone any mental breakdowns for after May, thank you very much. I'm not like spazzing out about the capstone itself but about where I need to fit it in in the two semesters I have w/ all the other stuff going on...ok, I'm spazzing alittle but not as bad as I thought I would. As the Vikings said, "Every hour wounds, the last one kills." And wounded animals are the worst kind.

I'll probably slap the rest of my annotated biblography on here later on when I acutally get home from conditioning, practice, and the Belletrist meeting. Or tomorrow. Tomorrow looks better.

So what did we learn today?

Modern interpertation of mythology is the bomb diggity.
I need sleep.
I meet Tues. or Thurs. depending on the stars and Dr. Ruane being cranky @ me or everyone else :D
I'm going to need *a lot* more books.

No comments: