Friday, October 26, 2007

Thor vs. Communism, FIGHT!

Actually, that's what Dr. Don Blake aka Thor seems to do w/ most of his time. That and fight aliens that look vaguely Asian. Comic books reflecting the times much? I read half of Volume 1 and kind of stalled, mostly because I have weekly meeting w/ Dr. Patterson. It's like he kinda wants a thesis statment *now* and I'm looking like a deer in head lights going, "We just came up with this idea, halp me plz!" It's the 10th week of classes and by the 15th week I have to submit a proposal...

Yeah, you could hear the "Gurk!" coming from my mind. So I have 4 weeks to write this in between my Britain, Philosophy, Art History, and Space Exploration papers. Oh and read the books for those too.

Sometimes I hate myself.

So the comic book slant is awesome, really cool and further proof that I hope I am as smart as Dr. Ruane when I get older. As for a Thesis statement...I'll grab a white board and toss some stuff around. Hrm. Like I need to find out *exactly* what I need to write. Dr. Taylor wants me to do like Norse mythos in the 60's which would include westerns [as if my grandmother didn't watch enough "Gunsmoke" and "The Rifleman" in my child hood] but I don't know. I asked Dr. Perdigao to be my second reader and she said yes so I have like the 2 coolest professors in my department on this, giggity-giggity. /dance

That and I need to register for classes next semester, make wedding plans, and oh yeah, find a job. Yar.

But first, Thor has to stop a Communist revolution in some small latin country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!